Narrative Strategy Coaching
A Unique Partner To Help You Get Your Story Straight
Imagine having someone to translate your big ideas into the right presentation. A coach that can take the complexity of your work and its nuanced details to find the core truth that will move any audience.
All you have to do is show up and talk. I’ll ask powerful questions, provide the right amount of nudge, and offer relevant insights and direction. In the process we map out the new strategic story of whatever key outcomes you’re working on. We meet every couple weeks -- and do this, again, and again. It’s like having your own personal head of communications, strategic story coach, trusted advisor, and personal growth counselor all rolled into one.
The Benefits of Getting Your Story Straight
- Get clear and confident with your pitch deck, executive summary, and bios
- Design an engagement strategy to accelerate internal change adoption
- Reframe how key audiences perceive the value, priority, and impact of your work
- Craft a investor prospectus that intrigues and captures the imagination
- Build the core story for a game-changing marketing or outreach campaign
- Redefine how your field or industry thinks about a specific cause, issue, or topic
- Design an interactive town hall, all-hands, or high-stakes meeting that makes an impact
Select from 3 Options
Exploration of positioning, framing, and messaging for your high-stakes endeavor and business transformation. Insights for how to overcome resistance and accelerate change adoption. Translating complex narrative threads into a coherent storyline.
This is a collaborative coaching relationship. You have to show up and do the work. You will receive a recording of each session along with access to a working document with live notes from each of our sessions. You are responsible for the synthesis of ideas, insights, and messaging into final written narrative. This is a purely coaching relationship with editing/review support from Get Storied. You get access to our CEO Michael Margolis’ 15 years of strategic storytelling work with Google, NASA, Greenpeace, Deloitte, and countless others.
Examples of Clients And Needs Served
- Venture capitalists commercializing research lab findings and technologies
- CEO architecting the next-level of innovation for their 80-person company
- Senior executive building thought leadership for the firm and his practice area
- Best-selling author bringing a nuanced difficult subject into mainstream acceptance
- Renown physician using clinical data to transform their medical speciality
- Hollywood veterans reimagining the music business with a new disruptive model
- Recognized expert refining their go-to keynote presentation for influencer audiences
- Head of marketing that’s framing a reinvention story for their executive team and board
- Co-founders of a high-growth company scaling their unique culture as they expand fast
- CEO of a Silicon Valley startup raising a Series B & humanizing their technology
Getting Started With Get Storied
If interested, we start with an initial 90-minute consult for $500 ($1,000 value).
The process includes an intake questionnaire, 30-minute review of your draft materials, and the full 90-minute consultation. Receive: an immediate baseline assessment and strategic insights on the effectiveness of your narrative - what’s working, what’s untapped potential, and key gaps in the current believability. Through this initial consult, both parties can confirm mutual fit.
To schedule an initial consult, or if you have further questions, contact Jodi Bepler.
“I turn to Michael for forward-thinking conversations I can’t really have with anybody else. How to tell the big story to a wide range of audiences, each with their own complex needs. Our 1:1 retreat was a powerful inflection point around my calling and the next chapter of my leadership journey. The work still reverberates.”
CEO, Florida Hospital – Celebration Health
“A best-in-class story sherpa. Gently guides you to your core, allowing you to give voice to your deepest truth.Through executive coaching I’ve experienced direct immediate results as co-founder of a maverick venture in the music business. We quickly distilled and articulated the story of our unique value proposition, and how to speak about it in an intriguing way.”
Gary W. Goldstein
Former Hollywood Film Producer, Pretty Woman
“Working with Michael had a profound effect on my thinking and strategy. He taps into a wisdom that is anchored in compassion and a deep understanding of an organization’s dynamics and opportunities. As a museum of Tibetan and Himalayan art and ideas, we connect wisdom traditions to contemporary lives. Michael helps us tell a story that honors more of this depth, with particular relevance in NYC’s fast-moving culture.”
Head of Marketing and Communications, Rubin Museum of Art
“Michael is a rare and unique trusted advisor. He helped us clarify our core story as we dramatically scaled the growth of our music festivals Bonnaroo and Outside Lands and our ground-breaking cultural agency. Huge success followed! Has led to lasting results on our leadership and culture.”
“The Library of the Future already exists, and together we helped people to see, name, and tell this important story. You really translated and brought this vision to life. I’m really proud of the storytelling toolkit and interactive fold-out map we published for the Creative Commons, and the top-rated trainings we delivered. Our work has made a big impact across the library sector.”
State Librarian of Hawaii